Maties Climbing - the home of Rock Climbing at Stellenbosch.
How it works:
- Maties Climbing is a registered sport open to anyone interested in Rock Climbing.
- We are a registered sport at the University and cater for beginners as well as experienced climbers.
- The climbing wall has 24/7 access for members.
- Guests are also welcome if accompanied by a member.
- Students and non-students of any age are welcome to join.
- Climbers under 18 to be supervised and spotted by guardians.
The boulder cave (climbing wall) can be found on Coetzenburg, at the back entrance (wooden door) of the indoor tennis courts. See the photo above. You can park near the corner ander the trees with the small gras patch. Please see the map below for directions.
Like us on social media:
- Membership costs are R200 per year (yes that is super affordable).
- Guest fees are R20 per day (for those that want to try it out first).
- Payments can be done via EFT or SnapScan.
- MCSA members get 10% discount on Maties Climbing membership.
Don't want to sign up yet?
You are welcome to come check us out first! Go along with a member (if you know one). Alternatively, we usually climb between 17:00-20:00 during the week.
Members can rent gear only if they are experienced and know how to safely use the gear.